Saturday, February 2, 2008

First Family Vacation (last January)

Keep in mind that I came home after 8 months in Guate with over 5000 pics, so...I have a few you haven't seen! I also hadn't started my blog until March so there's still January and February pics to document.

The weekend before Russ left Guate to come home we took a quick trip to Lake Atitlan. We hadn't seen much of the Guatemalan countryside so decided to go for it! We took a shuttle van up to the Lake and stayed in a bed and breakfast called Casa Del Mundo. It was ridiculously cheap! From the shuttle we had to take a boat to the hotel. This was E's first boat ride!Here's the pics from our first family vacation last January:

We asked a group of Mayan women to take our picture on the boat. I'm 99% sure they'd never used a camera before and spoke a different dialect than your average spanish, so we're lucky to have what we got!






We tried to go for a swim, but eliot was not having the cold water!


Eliot slept on me for over an hour in the hammock over the lake in the sunshine. The most perfect moment in time.

Russ' first ride in a tuk-tuk, my preferred mode of transport.

It was a fantastic trip, even though it was just an overnighter. It was a little disconcerting to consider Antigua "home" as we were returning from the lake. But we focused more on cherishing our last few days together.

5 comments:

Heather S. said...

Thanks for sharing a little more of your adventure!

Chrissy said...

I love the picture of you and your little man sleeping in the hammock. There is no greater privilege than to hold a little one while they sleep...that is pure trust. :) My favorite!

Heather said...

I just love seeing these pictures of Eliot as such a little guy! So cute and fun!!

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Katie,

I love seeing your pics from last year....keep them coming!!! I also love the y'all love LOST!!! Eliot is just so cute....I can't stand it. Keep praying for our stages! IT IS SO HARD.

Love,
Lindsey

Anonymous said...

I remember that trip, fondly! I had just moved into Casa Ovalle and woke up the next day to find that Jonathan's bed had disappeared! Who is this Katie girl anyway? Very funny and very fun trying to set up a pack-n-play with Marcello at 10:30pm.