Tuesday, April 24, 2012

4/12

For our 4th installment of 12 (dates) in 12 (months) in 2012, we kicked things up a notch. I hadn't rock climbed since college and Russ had never been, so I got us one-day passes.
Turns out Russ is not only really good at climbing, but is super hot while doing it. Win/win.
Watch the progression of the line in the wall to track my progress. And... be proud.
As stated on fb, I was attempting a "serious rock climber" look but landed somewhere around "Roller Derby Chick".
After we could no longer use our forearms for even the smallest climb, we turned in our harnesses and headed for Pappy's, a local BBQ fav. Then off to the park for a picnic since it was such a gorgeous day.
Life is super busy right now and doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon. I know that without these dates planned we either wouldn't be going out or wouldn't have the time/energy to do anything fun. As the year progresses, I'm more and more thankful I found this project. Can't recommend it enough. For more peeps doing the same project, go here!

4 comments:

K.M.L said...

so fun! Looks like you had a blast!

Teresa said...

Fun date...something I would like to try...a little worried though, I have no upper body straight.
Thanks for sharing.

Shannon b said...

We loved our rock climbing date last year! Oh, but I remember how sore our forearms were by the end of the date. :)

Jessie said...

I started following your blog some time after taking Fresh Art's Beginners Photography class last winter! I love this project and you've totally inspired me to create something like this for my husband's 30th birthday! Very cool. Thanks for sharing these!