Wednesday, September 19, 2012

NYC '12!

(Yes, this happened in July, so what? Judgey McJudger.)

Russ' happy place? The gyro food trucks.
My happy place, Brooklyn Bagel. I spend more time here than anywhere else in the city.
Same brick wall, different day. Weird? (@Brooklyn Bagel, um, again.)
It turned into a cousin party on Sunday of our trip. Russ' other cousin Jess lives up in the northeast for the summer so she and her hubs joined us as we headed to Coney Island for the afternoon.



Russ, Jess, Kendall and I rode the Wonder Wheel on Coney Island. Duh.

Had to drop Jess and Kendall at Grand Central so made it priority to find the whispering corners archway. It was super cool. I highly recommend it, then you could be as cool as us.
Monday Russ had meetings during most of the day and evening so Joy and I walked around the city (including the Highline) and ended up at The Frying Pan and Maritime 66 for lunch. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and we had much to catch up on without Russ as our third wheel (just kidding? honey? I love you?) so we stayed there until dinner. Russ eventually met us there and we stayed til sundown.
(It was a plaid skinnies kind of day...)
Joy took me to her fav French bakery. Cuz she loves me, duh.
We had such an amazing trip. I truly love that city. Not sure if it's because of my time with Joy each time I go or if I just really love that city. We'll say both. It really is a win/win.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So everytime I see your pictures I realize that there is so much I have never done in the city. I shall start making lists for my next trip there! =) And as for the whispering corners...are you sure y'all weren't playing Hide-N-Seek???