Thursday, March 24, 2011

In case I didn't email or call you back lately, you should know...

Let's review 2011 thus far:

*Jan 3: Russ started a new job. Like, a big one. He's a designer. More on this later. Or not. We'll see. Not making any promises.

*Jan 4: Eliot bumped up his hours at pre-school to full time. I bumped my work hours down to 30 hours to add "Eliot shuttle" to my list of jobs.

*Mid-January: I officially start working w/ Fresh Art on the side as their stylist.

*Mid-January: we get THE PHONE CALL about the baby.

*February: Russ' job becomes official and he gets his first pretty big account. About 5 months early. No bigs.

*February: Russ records his own worship album as a fund raiser. We schedule the Fresh Art mini sessions and get an insane response.

*Mid-February: we find out our fostering home study won't work for this adoption and we start from square 1. Not sure if you're aware, but that's a lot of work. All worth it, just time, money and energy consuming.

*February: Russ travels to Vegas with his new job.

*End of February: we get a foster call. I say no, obvs, but tell Russ I said yes, just to see him freak out a little.

*March: I have outpatient surgery, where I realize how watching Grey's has drawn me closer to God. ("routine surgery" actually makes me pray harder...)

*Mid-March: Russ travels to NYC for his new job.

*March: My "rough post-op" turns out to be the flu. Double whammy.

*March: Russ releases worship album! (did you buy it yet?)

*March: A day we've been waiting on for 4 years arrives. More on that later. (unrelated to the new adoption.)


Aaaaaand coming soon?


*Mini-sessions this Saturday! So stinkin' excited!!!

*Russ travels to CHINA for work. (Yes, China.)

*Oh, and ya know, baby due in APRIL!

*I get to work hourly from home, as desired, and take care of the babe! I'm sorry, what?

If you would have told me even 3 months ago that my life looked like this? I woulda toldya you were 12 kinds of cray cray.

6 comments:

Erin said...

oh my gosh I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear more on all of this!

Chrissy said...

Such a tease. I want the real dirt. :)

Jen said...

They say put it out there in the universe and your life will become what you need/want. I guess you just never know when, or how or maybe even why! Glad you are having such a wonderful 2011!

.Kate. said...

Wow! That's a crazy couple of months! Been praying for you/babe/birthmom/etc. and that everything will go smoothly!

Greta said...

Katie, we met FOREVER ago at a retreat. I have been blog stalking you and now am an official follower:) So excited for your mini sessions and can't wait to see how they turn out! Hope the gremadcha accessories and coupons make it even better:) Hooray Fresh Art!

Amy Riley said...

Katie - we need to have lunch or something. I want to catch up in person! So excited for what's going on in your life. Are you "out of the cage" with happiness? :)