So, I've been protesting actually doing this but I'll do it anyway. I was 'tagged' by a fellow blogger (KL, errrrr) to post seven random things about me that people may not know. While some of you might head to your next blog upon hearing that, I thought I'd add seven pics of Eliot you haven't seen to keep you here for a few more minutes! I'll try to make them quirky so that it's at least a little interesting. Not many of you check this on Saturdays anyway!
1.After eating cereal each morning, I use the leftover milk in my coffee and to take my vitamins. Gross or resourceful?
2. I played bass drum in the high school marching band. Yep, band-geek. The good news is that the outfits were hideous and we attempted to be a dancing drum line. Oh, the good 'ol days....My only comfort in sharing that with you is that therapy has occured and all pictures burned. (not really, I'm just exaggerating again. It wasn't that bad, just 'character building')
3.When I was little I was convinced that I could talk as fast as the MicroMachines guy on TV. My brother encouraged me to keep at it. Hmmmm.
4. Russ and I tried to deviate from our 9 year habit of which side to sleep on in bed. We thought it might solve our domestic violence issues that occur between Russ's elbow and my face in the middle of the night. It turned out to be one of the worst nights sleep we've each had in awhile. Plan B anyone?
5. I'm writing a book. Not sure that I'm qualified to do that sort of thing but feel that the Lord gave us a story to tell. Not sure what I'm going to do with it but I've been working on it since spring. It's intimidating but if I haven't learned anything else, I've learned that it's okay to take risks. If nothing else, it's a great keepsake-ish type thing of our journey over the last couple years.
6. I'm trying to save money to go back to Guatemala. Not for baby #2 (not yet anyway), but to visit Melissa if she's still there in the early months of 2008. I'm actually excited to get back! What's wrong with me?
7. I grew up in the Slurpee Capital of the World. Yes, more people per capita drink slurpees in my home town than anywhere else. How's that for odd info? And speaking of making it to the top of the list, I grew up near Detroit (actually right in between Detroit and Flint), the city rated most dangerous city in the U.S. for years until it moved to 2nd place. 2nd place to what city? Oh, St. Louis. Hmmm. This year's list just came out last month. 1. Detroit, 2. St. Louis, 3. Flint,MI. Maybe it's me. Maybe I'm danger. Actually, Russ always wanted his rap name to be DangerRuss...