Monday, March 31, 2008

Seven Cont.

I was ready for you this time, Kasey! After completing this blog-world-blah last time, things kept coming to mind of stuff people don't know about myself, Russ and E-beast. So, here you go:

Seven Random things about myself:

1. This post is the first that I've ever successfully made a link! It turned out to be not so hard after all, thanks to my husband.

2. Apparently, it's not super normal but when we open a bag of chips we cut off the excess bag so as to provide better access to the goodies within. We've always done it, and didn't really realize it was quirky until mentioning it to a friend who'd never heard of it before. Anyone else?


3. My college publishes a year book each year since the population is so small. My freshman yearbook came out and in the freshman section was a half-page spread about me with the title, "KatieBird!", as if it were a common thing you'd hear people refer to me as around campus. There was one girl on my floor who called me this one or two times. I was unaware that a yearbook staffer would a.) write anything about me as a feature or b.) observe one of the few times this name was used. It also refers to my blue-eyes (mine are green) and states that I 'take time out of my busy schedule to pose for their cameras' which is the caption under my Student ID photo. Obviously by the time it was published, it was too late to do anything about it. This is something I would have forgotten about, but my friend Heather loves to bring it up now and again.


4. The summer before my Senior year of HS, my friend and I decided we wanted to get in shape. We figured that the best way to do that would be to join a fall sport, where we would have to train at practice. Neither of us were athletically inclined so we brainstormed which team to join that wouldn't be negatively affected by our lack of skills. We came up with tennis. So, never having played it before, we joined the tennis team. Jennie turned out to be quite good. Me, on the other hand, not so much. Each day at practice, it became my job to collect all the tennis balls while the others finished up their practice game (don't feel sorry for me, remember my goal was to get in shape, not win any trophies!). When it came time to buy my equipment, I found a cute tennis skirt, of course, but was unable to find any bloomers in my size so I had to settle for a size bigger. Now, if you've ever watched girls play tennis, you know that they keep extra tennis balls in their bloomers to keep the match going. One day at practice there was an excessive amount of balls after a drill we ran so I began to see how many I could fit in my bloomers rather than try to carry them with my hands. Surprisingly, I was able to fit over 70 tennis balls in my oversized bloomers, making my skirt look more like a tutu and entertaining my 'team' after a long practice. At the end of the year, I received the "Most balls in her bloomers" award.

5. As a child I wasn't much of a risk-taker. I was rather fearful of getting hurt so avoided all situations that could lead to physical pain. As a result, I went my whole life without a broken bone or stitches. Until age 29. I was at school taking my lunch break. Opening a snack-sized can of peaches, I pulled too hard too quick and cut my finger pretty deeply. The school nurse said I needed stitches so my principal drove me to the urgent care. I felt ridiculous every time a new person would ask me what I did. It's amazing how many people you have to tell your story to between the front desk and the actual doctor! They gave me a huge packet to fill out since I was a new patient but I was unable to write so my principal had to fill everything thing out. This created a somewhat awkward situation as they ask some pretty personal stuff. Thankfully, Vicki was gracious about it. There was a page with a drawing of a body where they want you to pinpoint where you're in pain and to what degree. Vicki circled the finger and wrote a ten and then kept writing looking quite happy with herself. Then she turned it so I could see it and proudly showed off her drawing of my hand holding a can of peaches with a funny caption.


6. I've known Russ for 12 years and never seen his chin. He's always had facial hair so I've only seen pics from his younger years. I assume it's still there and that he's not running some covert chin operation.

7. I dream. A lot. Almost every night, actually and they're vivid and very detailed. I remember how things in the dream made me feel, and thoughts I had. Sometimes I talk in Spanish in them. Sometimes they're so real that I wake up still feeling like I did in the dream. Sometimes that means I'm pretty angry at Russ for absolutely no reason. Sometimes I wonder if I should read into certain ones or if I just have so much going on in my brain that it just gets pretty muddled. Who knows?


I'm compiling a list of 7 things about Russ and E to entertain you with this week, too!

Oh, and since I've figured out how to tag/link people, I'm choosing these blogs:
Erin, Kelli, Heather, Sharon , Sheri, Erin M., and Amanda!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

High school tennis...now there's some memories! Now you have me wondering what the others are up to. I'll have to go searching MySpace tonight.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that cutting the top off a bag of chips was unusual, either! I know that Matt and I have done this our whole married lives...not sure where it came from, though!

Amanda said...

Katie,
First of all I think the cutting the chip bag came from our side of the family...for as long as I can remember the Mohr's have always done that.
Second, Can't wait to see the list you have compiled for Russ and E.
Third, I will gladly do this project in the next week or so...kind of crazy right now with dad being in the hospital and all!!!

Love you guys and it is only 10 days til Aunt Manda and Nana are there...you better start working a little more on Manda...I know he has Nana down pat and everytime I try to get him to say Manda he just looks at me like he knows but he just won't say it!!!

Bob Hansel said...

Wait, does that mean me? I have to list 7 things about myself that no one knows?

Smith Family Blog said...

The year book always was good for a laugh! :)

Anonymous said...

You had a whole section about you in the Vista!! You're practically famous :)

Matt, Katie, and Sophia! said...

#2 is not so weird to me. My mom always cut the top of the bag off for easier access to chips, and it used to drive me CRAZY! Guess what I do ALL the time now...yep. Like mother like daughter.
I love this idea of randomness...I might just have to steal it sometime.

Blessed Mommy said...

wow -- i really learned a lot :D and btw, you are too cute, finally learning how to link to your blog (you make me smile :D

Lance and Heather said...

oh my gosh! thanks for the laughs! I was laughing so hard while I was reading all of these that I had (and still have) tears running down my face. You are HILARIOUS!!!