Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Answer Key

First of all, the first response I got was from my friend Heather who called and acted like she was calling into a radio station. Very entertaining. Secondly, I'm assuming that you who guessed 'head shot' must think E is as adorable as we do, although no one said anything to the effect of "It's about time" or anything, hmmmm. But moving on...

Question 1:Yes, it's a passport picture!

Question 2: Yes, we're traveling with E-man. No, it's not to Cancun (that trip is reserved for Russ and I only!) Yes, we're.....wait for it, wait for it...

WE'RE GOING TO GUATEMALA!!!!!

Initiate freak out mode.

Now, let me just say one thing. (and then lots more things...) God is nuts. He has all these crazy plans and I'm convinced He loves surprises. As things like this unfold, I imagine Him chillin' with 'Gabriel and friends' with a bowl of popcorn and watching us as we begin to see slivers of His really great plan.

Here's the story:
Our church normally has a trip to Honduras with the youth group every summer. This year was no different. However, there was a plane crash at the Honduran airport recently and the government saw fit to close it until further notice. This left a group of leaders and kids without their trip. Once I heard about this, my brain hasn't stopped. Through a series of very fortunate events, our church has rerouted the mission trip to Antigua!!! And to add to that, Russ and I are going along as leaders! We're partnering with my dear friend, Melissa, to do some incredible ministry!!!



I CAN NOT WAIT to bring this group to Guate! I'm so anxious to share that which is so close to my heart with part of the body of Christ that supported us so well through our adoption process.

A couple of ironic fun facts (who doesn't love fun facts?):
*Russ and I took the youth group to Honduras several years ago which turned out to be one of the deciding factors in where to internationally adopt. We fell in love with the Honduran little faces while we served along side the high school kids. Once we started the adoption process, we checked into Honduras but it was closed to US adoptions so we went next door!

*This will be the third summer the Mohr's have been to Guatemala! Two summers ago we came down to meet Eliot, last summer is when we came home and now this summer we're going back!


11 comments:

Bob Hansel said...

I'm crying.

Anonymous said...

yay!! I seriously have been checking the blog like every half hour since the last post to find the answer. I am so excited for you!!!!! I had tears :)

Jessica said...

I so happy for you three! I hope you all have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

do you know....you're going to Guatemala - only a few weeks before WE DO!!!!! ...this is torture! - I'm so excited for you ...getting to go back to our Guaty! I know it's going to be an aMAZING trip!! =)

Blessed Mommy said...

i have missed you & your blog -- i realize i've been "out of it" for the past 4 wks! (guess 3 kids two & under will do that :) i am so, so excited that you guys get to head back to GUAT!!! i am sure Mel can't wait to see you all!! how great is our God?!?

Armstrong's said...

I'm so excited to hear you are coming down here. Hope we get to meet you guys finally! Love the picture of you and Melissa. We have sure enjoyed getting to know her and Madi! Hasta pronto!
Emily

Virginie said...

This is awesome news!! Can we come too??

Nikki....Gabi's Mama said...

I am soooo excited for you guys. Say hi to everyone at Casa Ovalle. I know this will be hard for you, but could you swing by Cinderella bakery and have a piece of chocolate cheesecake, just for old times sake :o)

The Heinrichs said...

Hey all! I'm gonna be roomies with Lindsey and she says I have to meet you! Of course I think I am flying out the day you may be coming in...I need to get a little R&R at the beach (Outer Banks)...I heard this mommyhood can be tough..so I already scheduled a vacation! Okay just kidding we are trying a big ole vacation with both sides of our family this year and I of course signed the contract last year not knowing where we would be stuck with this adoption! Okay enough talking...can't wait to meet you all!

McMurrays said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a blessing to go back and serve!

Hannah said...

I just happened to stumble across your blog today and was suprised to see about your upcoming trip to Guatemala with Melissa. Melissa helped me with my adoption. We just brought our daughter home in March and could not have done it with out Melissa and our agency.

God bless you in your journey!
Hannah