Saturday, May 17, 2008

Eliot's Birthday! (Part 1)

So much to share! I'll keep it brief so that you can see all the pics! E's big day was Friday so we started the day with an important introduction. Chocolate Chip pancakes. Eliot seemed to have no problems in getting comfortable with them!




After we cleaned that mess up we (my parents are here for the weekend!)headed to another new activity: Monkey Joes! Eliot took awhile to process all that was around him but he finally loosened up and had a good time.








After a highly important naptime, we went with Grandma and Papa to pick out E's first trike-bike. Oh my. Eliot has a trike. And he loves it. Babies don't have trikes. "Kids" have trikes. Oh my. We finished the night with opening gifts from Nana, Papa, Aunt Manda, Grandma, and Papa. He's loving this whole 'birthday' thing!

After E went to bed, the four of us worked together to finish Eliot's birthday cake for the party on Saturday. It was quite the project. I'll do a separate blog about it so you can see the finished product. I was pretty happy with it.


6 comments:

Chrissy said...

Happy Birthday Eliot!

What is this "Monkey Joe's" and where can I find one? :)

Bob Hansel said...

Happy Birthday Buddy!!

amy said...

LOL!!! Whenever I have a cake disaster I will look up this post!! Those cupcakes are HILARIOUS!!!
The cake is AWESOME though.....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Eliot!

Blessed Mommy said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet baby -- who's no longer a baby :)

Amanda said...

I am so sad that I missed being with him on his birthday!!! But, that didn't stop me from spoiling him rotten!!! Glad you got the package...hope he enjoyed everything. We want to see more pics soon!!!

Amanda said...

I am so sad that I missed being with him on his birthday!!! But, that didn't stop me from spoiling him rotten!!! Glad you got the package...hope he enjoyed everything. We want to see more pics soon!!!