Saturday, November 29, 2008

Can't help it!

This is one of my favorite days of the year. Saturday after Thanksgiving. Most of you that know us and our story know why. Here's something to jog your memory:



Two years ago today, I moved to Guatemala to get my hands on this little guy. We've rarely been apart since. This will always be a special time for us. It was the beginning of most stressful time of my life thus far but also the gateway into the sweetest blessing. I still can't believe he's ours. God is good. All the time. Happy Saturday after Thanksgiving, everyone!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I have been thinking about this all day yesterday and today!!! It is such a blessing to have this little man in our lives...I can't imagine my life without him!!!!

Laura P said...

That little man is too cute!! What a blessing that you are both home and all of us who have been touched by the gift of adoption can add a loud thank you along with you!

Armstrong's said...

THe pictures are precious!! Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving! We were in STL briefly, but it was a whirlwind. We will be back in December nad would love to get together with you guys!

Sharon said...

Are you going to blog about the day one week later that you first met me???

Tina said...

Seeing your photos brought back memories of our time in Guate at Casa Ovalle. I arrived 2 1/2 weeks after you. Thank you, Katie, for being the first brave person to take me and my entourage out and about in Antigua. In tow were a 5 year old, a two year old and a baby that someone handed me the day before who looked at me with big bewildered eyes and cried. We ate at the Bagel Barn on that first outing and you helped as I nervously dug out my quetzales. I am ever grateful for your help on that first scary day and in the days that followed. We shared a few good breakfasts until our babies shared the awful rotavirus germ. Sweet memories those. Yes, indeed, God is good. Much love.