Friday, January 2, 2009

Saddest thing I've ever heard.

Eliot had a play date this morning while we packed and took a couple of trips of stuff to the new condo. When I brought him home to take a nap, all that was left in his room was one empty tower (that previously held toys), his mattress and his dresser. Upon seeing his empty room, he started crying and said, "No play? No play? Want to play!" in the saddest voice I've ever heard. Then he walked over to his dresser and started opening each drawer, making sure his stuff was still there. Poor thing. Good thing this will all be over soon!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That makes me want to cry for the little man!!!

Heather S. said...

Imagine the excitement when he gets to his new room and sees all his toys again!! Good luck with everything!!

Rebecca said...

Poor guy. Cora still talks about her old house. "Member my ole house mama?" When we came back to visit for Thanskgiving, she wanted to go see her house over and over.

Terry said...

How sad! Tommy didn't know what to think or do when we moved a few months ago. He was so upset for the first few weeks we were in the new house. And of course, I could barely leave the old one and had a hard time leaving his nursery since that's the house/room he came home to. Good luck with the rest of the move. Eliot will love the new place in no time.

Amie R. said...

When we moved, we had to take a trip to Kansas shortly after. As we were about to pull into David's hometown, Jeremiah started crying in the back "Go Home" It kind of made me feel like a really crappy parent, but luckily kids are resilient. He had to get used to a new home, a new city and a new baby. But things have smoothed out and he is happy and carefree again. And I think I am too. :) Moving stinks!