Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Product endorsement

Friends of our gave us a bible for Eliot for Christmas. This is not abnormal, we probably have 5 different childrens Bibles around the house. Some are pretty cheesy, to be honest and have made their way the the back of the shelf.

However, this bible is different. It captivates me. Russ and I have both come away from reading a story to Eliot and been moved. It tells the story (The story, not stories) so simply and so profoundly that Eliot is as in love with it as we are. Russ and I were both raised in christian homes and have heard these stories countless times but for whatever reason, this author tells them in a new way. In a way that makes me understand the Bible like I never have before.

Anyway,before I get carried away like Ziploc endorsements on The Biggest Loser, I'll just provide a link and you can go order it yourself. Since Angie wrote about it on her blog, they may be running low on stock!

3 comments:

Heather S. said...

We love this Bible, too!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info - I'll have to look at this one! I can't stand cheesy children's Bibles...ours have made their way off the bookshelf and into the donate pile.

and of course, I cracked up at the Ziploc/BL comment...they really take it too far, don't they? Anytime I get a stick of gum out now, I do pretend product placement for Matt and tell him how it will stave off his hunger...

erin said...

Thanks for the tip! We have been wanting something great like this for Monkey Pants.