Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Starting to breathe.

Tonight we dropped T-rex off with his grandparents.

Everyone cried, T was squealing and chirping and clapping. We stayed for a bit, sharing stories, answering questions. As we were saying our goodbyes, Eliot got pretty sad and said he was going to miss him so much. It was a really sweet moment. And then he tackled him. in front of the case worker. and the family. Uh...

It's quite a mixed bag of feelings. I told Russ tonight that I feel like there are layers and layers of things to process, a teeter-toter between relief and sadness.

I feel like I've been holding my breath for the last 7 weeks. As I process through each layer, I can breath a little deeper.

I'm excited for the changes that will come into T's life as this all shakes out, I'm thankful we made it through our first fostering experience, and I'm excited for how T changed the Mohr's.

And now I shall sleep. For days.

10 comments:

Sandy said...

You are my hero, Katie Mohr. I love you!

.Kate. said...

:)

Maggie said...

It is such a mix of emotions sometimes.
Maybe it was good you're first placement was so short - kind of a warm up of sorts. ;)
He'll be better off because you were there.

Tracy Embrey said...

Congratulations you made it!!!

Seven weeks is a very long placement for us...

Life is always an adventure! Enjoy!

Lauren Forde said...

Yo go girl! You did it! Congratulations!

Sara D. said...

Good job, Russ and Katie!

erin said...

You guys worked so hard! Hope you are still sleeping :).

The Busters said...

I hope you are getting some sleep! Thank you so much for sharing this.

Jill said...

Oh my goodness how our stories run so closely together. Our little foster baby also was placed back with a grandparent. You have done such an amazing thing even if for the small amount of time you had that little guy with you! Sleep sound!

ChildTalk said...

Just stopping by for the first time...looks like you've had quite the journey. Looking forward to reading more. :)