Saturday, July 26, 2008

Guate Trip, Day 1



I have to break this up somehow since I have a gazillion pics! Thursday we got up at 3:15am and got into Guatemala City by 1:30 that afternoon. Eliot didn't sleep but 20 minutes on the plane but he loved it. Upon take-off from STL, he kept saying "weeeeee!" and "More pwane!". I guess he's not scared to fly!

He's so excited!

Notice the sun is rising...

Horton Hears a Who was our inflight movie


Here's his 20 minute nap... on my arm.

The team on our Mercedes Bus. The driver held a sign reading Heidy Noore. (Apparently that loosely translates to Katie Mohr)

"We're here!!!!!"
Once we arrived in Antigua, we settled into our hotel. It was a weird feeling. It wasn't earth-shattering or highly emotional, it just felt normal to be there. Everything was as it was before. The main struggle for me was knowing that a year of our lives had passed by and it didn't even feel like it. Eliot was tired more than anything. With waking several hours early and no real nap, he was c.r.a.n.k.y. He was pretty intrigued with all the brown, spanish speaking people but I'm not sure he really understood anything except how tired he felt.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

MORE PLEASE....MORE PLEASE!!! I can't get enough of the Guate info!!!!