Tuesday, July 8, 2008

This time last year...


The arrival of my dear friend and packmule, Lisa! It was appropriate to have her along since Russ couldn't be there. She's been along on our journey for the last 12 years alongside us every step of the way. (Sidenote not mentioned last year: on our way home lots of people thought Lisa and I were a couple, congratulating "us" and our family. It was highly entertaining.)

As exciting as going home was, I was conflicted in leaving these girls behind. It still hurts my heart to think about that moment, those girls in that restaurant. There's a lot of history within a short time period. and "Goodbyes" are not my favorite.

...and this is one of my all-time, top-five favorite pictures. I can't tell you the amount of emotion pulsing through me that day. I didn't sleep very well this night last year, as you can imagine. It was one of the most important and pivotal moments of our lives.

5 comments:

K.M.L said...

I love that last picture too! We are SO glad you guys are here!

Amanda said...

It's hard to believe that it has already been a year but yet...it has only been a year!!! I can remember this time last year being in Little Rock and wishing more than anything that the next night I could have been in St. Louis to finally meet my nephew and see my sister-in-law for the first time in I can't remember how long. I love you guys and I am so glad that Eliot is ours FOREVER!!!!

The Wagners said...

I remember checking your blog every hour this time last year. I loved seeing each day's picture. Watching the three of you walk through the airport was awesome! Good times, my friend!

Nikki....Gabi's Mama said...

How time flies. You can just close your eyes and it feels like yesterday I'm sure. So glad your going back.

Miss you guys!

The M. Herndon Family said...

What an awesome anniversary to celebrate! So happy for you. Would love to get together after your trip!