Monday, June 4, 2007

Update!


News came today that our case got the final sign-off from the birthmom on Friday! Then this morning our case went into the civil registry here in Guate city for the new birth certificate. This can take up to 2 weeks and then we can apply for our Pink Slip at the U.S. Embassy. Things are moving along!!

It's exciting and unnerving all at the same time to be in this spot. I could come home in the window of 3-6 weeks. I've gone from being here for an unlimited time amount to a limited-but-I-have-no-idea-how-limited amount of time. Russ leaves this week and then my parents are coming down soon. Surprisingly, I'm sad to realize that my limited time here will go quickly. But I'm ready to come home. After the initial shallow restuarant/mall/puppies/etc list of fluff that I miss, there's a never-ending list of things that I have cherished from home and will hold onto tightly upon returning. Only this time around I get to share them with our son. I'm pretty stinkin' excited about that.

Russ and I have been overwhelmed with everyone's response to our great news. We LOVE that this causes so much joy and celebration for everyone along with us. This has been quite the long road and we have felt so loved and supported by those around us. It has added so much more to our story and I can't wait to bring little man home to meet everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!
I AM TOO EXCITED TO EVEN BE ABLE TO EXPRESS THE WAY I FEEL ABOUT YOU GUYS COMING HOME!!!

LOVE YOU THREE SO MUCH!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad things are moving along. I hope that Birth Certificate comes quickly and so does your PINK slip. Have a safe trip home.
I love all the pictures of Eliot.

Anonymous said...

Katie & Russ,

Your story and seeing pictures of little Elliot brings tears to my eyes! I miss you guys and hope to someday meet him! Praying...

Brooke & Brian

Anonymous said...

The good news just keeps pouring in!!! We are so excited for you!! We should get together when you get home and things settle down for you!!

Love,
Alton, Amanda, Dakota, and Ali

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!!!! We just got back from Florida visiting the family and my mom had mentioned that you guys got out of PGN. So, I couldn't wait to get back home to look at your blogs and send you our congratulations!!! We could not be happier for you and can't wait to know that you are back home! Again, congrats and give Eliot a big hug from us up here in PA!