Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Nov 3

The Friday folder.

This is big. We're talking somersault big. We're regularly getting a Friday folder from Eliot's school. Complete with book orders. These two things make us OFFICIAL SCHOOL PARENTS!

OH, and did I tell you about his progress report? People, I can read between the teacher lines. He's clearly their favorite. And gifted. Oh my, he's gifted. "Plays well with others"??? I mean, they might as well interrupt a Taylor Swift acceptance speech with that overwhelming obsession with his performance in class.

We went to an open house for the pre-school a couple weeks ago. From the moment we walked through the door, I was astonished at Eliot's independence and maturity. He was SO excited to show us every single book and puzzle and was doing things I had no idea he could do. I. was. beaming.

I know pre-school/ public school may not be right for everyone, but we're really happy with our decision. Especially considering the quality that we found in the city. Good job, st. louis!

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

I am glad you found such a wonderful school for E! My E loves preschool and I love that he loves it. :)

Anonymous said...

yay for being comfortable with your school choice! i never even thought about what a big deal it was until luke was nearing kindergarten, and now it's a consuming thought of mine...we're staying with public, just where is the question.

Nikki....Gabi's Mama said...

I know exactly how you feel, it is so fun for them. How funny that Eliot is the fav in St Louis because I think Gabi is the teacher fav in NJ!. They would be my fav too!!!!

Dan and Amanda said...

We are very happy with our preschool and public school too! I've always thought Maddy and Mallory were their teacher's favorites. Do all parents think that? ;)