Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Advice?

So, about -3 of you got my big hint. This blog? The one that didn't make sense? Yeah, I was trying to be clever. That went well.

I'm going to New York City. For the first time. Ever.

It's on my bucket list. Right after "Write down official bucket list."

The day after I bought my crazy cheap airfare, I got this little piece of mail, also on my bucket list:


OhMyGosh I'm so excited! About both, actually. One a little more than the other.

So, advice? What do I ABSOLUTLEY HAVE TO DO in New York? Go.

(Just to clarify: I'm going by myself to visit Joy, R's cousin so it will be a girl's weekend. Joy pictured to the right below when she came to STL last fall.)

Also, a local actor re-enacted the tomato incident of '10. I went back to yesterday's post and added the pics.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh...and he has his I HEART NY tshirt on. How perfect is that?!?

MUSTS OF NYC...

*Purse & Jewelry shopping in Chinatown

*Staton Island Ferry...INCREDIBLE VIEW OF THE CITY!!!

*Greenwich Village has to be one of my favorite parts of the city.

*You will love the subway system...well, atleast I do!!

*Go eat dinner at a corner diner really late at night with Joy & Selby...nothing like it...I PROMISE!!!

*Go to atleast 1 Broadway Show...gorgeous theatres!!! (But please don't one up me on my getting attacked by Luke Skywalker!!)

You are gonna have a BLAST with Joy...take tons of pictures with that fancy camera of yours!!

I will let you know as I think more about it!!

Anonymous said...

OK, I've never been to NYC but would love to go someday! So I'm no help there.

I'm commenting about jury duty. Matt was selected for a jury a couple of years ago for a pretty major drug case, and it was soooo interesting. I hope you get selected, because no one will blog about jury duty (the parts you're allowed to tell!) like you will!

I really, really, really want to get picked for a jury someday.