Thursday, January 5, 2012

A funny thing happened on the way to the Little Rock...

We realized we forgot to purchase something needed while driving to visit the fam in Little Rock. Russ mentioned stopping at the Wal-Mart in West Memphis, a somewhat mid-way stopping point.

We walk in, heading to the department of choice but Eliot and I get distracted at a bin near the front as Russ keeps walking. I'm holding Dez to give him a break from the car seat. A twenty-something african-american male walks up and says:

"Can I fill out an application?" and grins.

I think, "Does he think I work here? huh?"

I say, "I'm sorry, what?"

He looks me up and down with a little neck roll to the side, grinning, nods at Dez and says, "Can I fill out an app.li.ca.tion.?"

I yelled, "STILL GOT IT! WOOT!" and walked away.

Not really. But I was flattered that someone on this planet thought my genes could create Dez. No wonder he wanted a piece of that...I mean...

(And if you haven't been around since 2008, you may have missed this great moment in an Arkansas gas station.)

No comments: