Monday, June 11, 2012

The job that never ended.

See these ladies?

They were a few of my "D-group" (Discipleship) girls from ten years ago. When Russ got hired as a youth pastor, I was handed a group of about 7-10 girls ranging from 7th grade to 9th grade.

Here's the thing...Russ' job ended like 7 or 8 years ago and they won't go away. In fact, they all went to college and then came back. Not all of them, we lost a few to other states and whatnot. But 3 of them actually moved into our neighborhood, one in the condo below us, and one more looking to rent the house next door. They're circling like cute little vultures...

At the beginning of this year, they asked me to start D-group again and I caved. Right when I'd dug my heels in and said I was not adding anything to the schedule. I can't help it. It's fun to see these girls as adults and having invested SO.MUCH.TIME. (and money and gas mileage and snacks and wait-a-minute-isn't-that-my-sweater?)It's a blessing to be re-invited back into their worlds. I know I'm blessed having this crowd around again. I'll just be adding a lock to my closet this time around and making them drive me around all the time.

No comments: