Friday, May 25, 2007

My 6-month anniversary...




Today marks my 6-month anniversary of living in Guatemala w/ Mr. Eliot. Pretty shocking and yet uncomfortably normal that I'm still here. I remember thinking at the 2-month mark that I was doing something pretty impressive by dedicating 2 months...If I'd only known. I can not complain for one second that my time here has been too long, the Lord knows what he's doing and I cherish every second of keeping Eliot all to myself. Here are some pics of my first week here back in November when Eliot was still a little squirt and I was in the chaos of having just arrived. Don't let his hair fool you, I promise he's only 6 and 1/2 months old in these pictures! All of his clothes were too big and he was still a bit unsure as to what was going on. We made it though, through God's grace!!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you three and know every moment of this process has been and will continue to be part of God's all too perfect plan. Russ, great seeing you at Agape a few weeks back. We are thrilled that the Mohr family could be together for a few weeks. Soon you will be together for good. As Adkisson would say, "love one another well."

Love,

The Wagners

Scott & Melissa Davis said...

Awwww, he was so little and just as adorable and irresistible then as he is now....little does he know just how blessed he is to have the most amazing mommy and daddy in the world, ones that would "lay it all down" to show their commitment and love to their son, even if that means something as crazy as moving to another country to live that love out...proud to call you friends and a hug for all three of you on your 6th month anniversary!

Katie said...

Hi -- I lived and fostered our twins in Guatemala for 8 months -- we came home in febuary --hang in there --it does end !! PS your son is gorgeous !!

Karen Heyse said...

Elliot is such a cutie !! I am so happy that Russ is with you and you can all be a family for a long stretch of days. Enjoy it all. See you in St. Louis sooooooooon...