Friday, April 16, 2010

DIY: Picture Frames!


I've been waiting for months to display this frame. This was a foam board print from one of our Fresh Art shoots (before it was Fresh Art). Russ couldn't just put it in a frame and hang it on the wall. Which I'm thankful for. But it just meant I had to wait. Blah.

Russ bought all parts for this at the Depot of Home. One part plywood, can of sample paint, and some hardware. Paint the wood and let it dry. Then hand some rocks to your 3 yr old and let him throw them as hard as he can at said painted plywood. Drill a few holes and done.



This is another piece that Rusty-face created on his own. Have I mentioned his skeeels? He originally made this for the youth room at our church offices and I loved it and gently and sweetly asked him to make one for our house. It's one of the first things people comment on when they come to our house for the first time.

Can you tell I'm enjoying my new toy?? Although, others may not feel the same...er...uh...

3 comments:

Laura said...

Katie...I need a close up of the big picture piece Russ made, I LOVE it. could you post a few to get a better idea how to make it! Thanks.

Amanda said...

I am in love with that plywood frame. In. Love.

Katherine said...

I may just steal that plywood frame idea cause I have a foam board piece that I want framed...