Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A woman has needs...

I am itching. Itching to create. I'm becoming O.B.S.E.S.S.E.D. with design, creating, and fashion/sewing blogs. Help me. I got a sewing machine in March from a friend and finally decided on a project. This adorable skirt will soon be mine. Well, after I make it. After I re-learn how to use a sewing machine. Small issue.

This morning someone linked me to Dress a day, where similar to the Julie and Julia project, this girl is sewing a dress a day in a year for $365 out of vintage dresses. I was blown away! So inspired! Look at these two:





And I am continually super impressed with my friend Whitney's blog. She's brilliant, frankly. She's constantly finding things she loves from Anthro and making her own version for crazier cheap.

I'm pretty sure nine out of ten conversations that I initiate start with, "So, I was reading this blog and..." Blogs make the world a better place, right? We have unlimited ideas at our fingertips. If I went to Whitney's house I could see a few of her cool ideas but I can see the step by step process of each one now that she has a blog.

Unfortunately I may be experiencing a little information overload. If you're looking for me I might be hiding in the closet holding my sewing machine and a six-pack of Mountain Dew.

2 comments:

Sara D. said...

Oh, I am so glad you are sewing!!! Yeah! I tend to get overwhelmed by every single project I start. The best part is that once you have made some thing you LOVE, you may never wear it because you know all of the blood, sweat and tears that go into it. I often wonder if the Smithsonian would accept any of my sewing contributions....

Blessed Mommy said...

I also LOVE all the diy, craft, sewing etc blogs --- sooo many cute ideas, and not enough time!