Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ups and Downs

Ups:

*My friend Maria adopted an Eskimo-baby last week. Yep, an Eskimo. A Yupik Eskimo to be exact (and correct).
*After giving away 7+ years of teaching stuff to a brand new teacher, she gave me a $15 gift card to Target where I scored 3 tops!!! (Yes, 3 tops for 15$)
*Craig's List makes selling our stuff so easy!! I couldn't be happier with that!
*Eliot's learning 8 gazillion new words a day. I've started calling him Webster. (Yep, as in Webster's dictionary...)
*School is starting and I have no lesson plans in my immediate future.

Downs:

*When talking to a financial lady about selling our house for a better(higher) price she compared it to "A dented can" and "Real Estate Suicide."
*When talking to a different financial lady about selling our house for a lower price she talked through options that were "better than foreclosure or bankruptcy."
*Baby Noah isn't doing well.

In the last year I've had lots of Arbonne parties and without fail someone at the party says, "oh, that's you! I was/we were/my church was/my small group was praying for you to come home!" after I finish the time during the party with my story. It's amazing to me how wide our story traveled. For those of you with Nemo fans in your household, I feel a little bit like the part when Nemo's Dad is telling the turtles his story and then it travels all the way to the Pelican who retells Nemo all about it. Sad that that's the first connection I make, but that's how it goes.

My point in sharing all this is that the Lauers are in need and are in a new city without a lifetime of family and friends ready at their beck and call, to run a meal to them, bring them clean clothes, take them for a starbucks run, whatever. So, I'm doing what I know how to do: rally my blogees. (If I'm the blogger, then are you all the blogees?) We've rallied stockings for the troops and care packages for the guatemamas. I'm waiting to hear back from a friend on which restaurants/gas stations are around the hospital. So, get ready peeps. I know they have Panera near them and I'm assuming they have Starbucks. I'll let you know where else, especially gas cards to get them back and forth from home. Stay tuned~

7 comments:

Heather S. said...

So glad you are doing something for the Lauers. I was just thinking about that last night - I was going to call Alisha or Nicole to see if anyone was putting anything together. Count me in as soon as you know anything!!!

Heather S. said...

So glad you are doing something for the Lauers. I was just thinking about that last night - I was going to call Alisha or Nicole to see if anyone was putting anything together. Count me in as soon as you know anything!!!

Lance and Heather said...

Hey Katie. Again, wonderful idea! I too was thinking about organizing something like this. I'll post something on my blog and maybe we can combine our efforts. I'll email you if I get any takers but definitely count me in on contributing. I don't have their mailing address so I'll need to get that from you at some point.

Thanks!!

Heather

Bill and Melodie said...

Katie, as soon as I get home, I will make every effort to meet them since I live less than 2 hours from B'ham hospital! We gotta love on them!

Come on southerners, let's show them how it's done!!!

Deb said...

Katie, this is AWESOME!! I'm in when you have all the details!

Anonymous said...

I'm in too Katie! Let me know what you need.
Martha

m.hyland said...

I'm in too Katie! Let me know what you need.